Harmonica & Vocals
Requirements for participation
Technical level: intermediate to advanced
- Language: English or French
-The positions of the mouth, jaws, tongue and harmonica
- Simple and effective phrasing tips.
- Learning blues improvisations
- Diaphragm and throat vibrato
- Wah Wah techniques
Scales and Secrets
- Bending and the secret of blues phrasing and its scales
- Tongue blocking and tongue positioning tricks
- Learning fluid slides and glissandi
- Solo nuances
Vocal Blues & Gospel
- Introduction to blues and gospel singing
- Play the harmonica and sing along to a piece of blues or gospel
- Tips for singing work songs
- Song studies: Classic Blues pieces such as: CC rider // Help me // Blues with a feeling // You got to move etc..
Workshop entitles you to the following:
- Minimum 11 teaching units of 75 min. or 90 min.
- Admission to the sessions in the Kesselhaus on Wednesday
- Admission to the Harmonica Masters Concerts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday
- Admission to supporting program events on all days